About Me

My photo
I am a thirty-something who probably should know better.

Sunday 27 March 2011

Where Squirrels dare

On my way into work each morning I pass the library and normally I spy several Squirrels loitering and generally menacing passers by. Mugging them for their chips and generally acting like little grey hoodies. They seem to hang around in a gang, the most I've seen in one go is five but most days I see between two and four of them glaring at passers by and checking their stashes. One morning I saw all five with four at the cardinal compass points presumably worshipping the yew tree, with the fifth doing the high priest role.

Friday morning, I took my usual route past the library and there were four of the brutes seemingly going about their business when all hell broke lose. Squirrrels sprinting everywhere. A couple zoomed up the yew tree and whilst one of the others launched itself rather comedically into a rather small holly bush, the remaining one went a bit mental doing a kind of wall of death around the library's garden perimeter.

I had a bit of a look to see if I could identify what had set the blighters off but no external threat was spotted. Normally they watch you pass with a kind of beady eyed reproach or they get on with their business. Humans are their entertainment, they certainly don't seem to fear them.

I am sure that the squirrels are up to something and I shall be monitoring them more closely from now on.

Up to something? I think so!

This blog is going to record the comings and goings of the squirrels who live outside the library in Wrexham and maybe prone to flights of my imagination...

No comments:

Post a Comment